From rosettes to rebounder nets, den kits to dolls house shelves: we pick the best gifts for 9-year-olds.
1. Making five pretty, patterned rosettes, this crafting kit by The Makery is fun to share or for kids to make in quiet time and give to friends.
2. If they show an interest in photography, help them get the hang of wide angles and panoramic pics with this awesome analogue Sprocket Rocket camera by Lomography.
3. Not only will this Crazy Catch WildChild rebounder be the best present you ever buy them, you will also increase their speed, agility and responses: the ideal gift for sporty kids.
4. Featured in our Favourite Five earlier in the year, the award-winning and innovative Stocs XL cord construction kit from Holland is perfect for making temporary dens and testing kids’ creative capacity. Solid rods with cord ends simply tie together. Smaller and larger kits available.
6. Toy storage, pretend play or just a nice way to display their favourite things, these Gesso dolls house shelves are a gorgeous way of keeping the room tidy.
7. There’s nothing like wall art to make a statement and we love the message behind this Hero Shadow print by Jason Ratliff. A perfect gift for those who need a little reminder of their own brilliance.
8. It’s always great to give (and receive) classic books, but none better than Minalima Design’s interactive Peter Pan. With beautiful fold-out maps, spinning wheels and incredible illustrations, this is a real keeper.
9. Let young girls make a serious style statement with a pair of peacock-coloured suede fringe boots. If only they came in our size.
10. Technologically savvy kids will love this Ogobild animation studio kit with web cam, which will help them master the basics of stop motion animation and create their own film. Beware encouraging a future video editor (you might want to buy them a UV sunlamp too).
(Note: this guide originally featured the Selfie Stick Air Runner at Item 5, which was subsequently recalled by John Lewis and removed from our guides accordingly).