From dolls to den building gear, karaoke to go-karts, variety is the key to buying brilliant gifts for 7-year-olds.
1. Help the kids to create their own great adventure – indoors or out – with this Seedling kit that has everything they need to get started: compass, mirror and all.
2. Not only is this soulful Tender Heart doll by Dumye the most beautiful we’ve seen, but she has karmic kickback: for every one sold, another is given to an orphaned child. A really special gift.
3. It’s the perfect age to hone balance and while skateboards come in every conceivable shape, colour and style, we think this Globe Bantam Kapow skateboard is the bees knees (and so does the resident Mr Fox 7-year-old).
4. Fend off the cold with this cool and unusual, 100% wool raccoon scarf by British designer Donna Wilson.
5. Wrap them up warm and throw them outside to get their kicks in this cool Kiddimoto BoxKart. With pneumatic tyres and working brakes, you might want to get one for each member of the family and let the races begin.
6. With bold infographics and packed with easy-to-remember facts, the Space book from Mr Fox favourite publisher Big Picture Press is a must-have for any budding astronaut.
7. A great gift to get siblings co-operating (and sort the director from the actors), this beautiful Amulette miniature theatre can sit on the table top and includes 20 plays, 60 pop-out figurines and 18 backdrops.
8. This cut-out and colour-in paper globe by Drill Design will look great on a bedside shelf and will keep them busy until dinner is ready. (Sold out)
9. Unleash their hidden talent with a Lucky Voice karaoke set which plugs into your laptop or TV – after bedtime you can hit the leftover brandy and knock out a few power ballads.
10. If you live within striking distance of a park or woodland, this den building Stick-lets Mega Fort kit is a must-have. Simple, reusable silicone joints give sticks the potential to be the best hideouts and forts. Get outside!