From Storm Trooper craft kits to crowns, hero shadows to ocean puzzles: there’s plenty here to keep 6-year-olds happy.
1. If you don’t want to fill the house with Star Wars themed plastic, instead try this cool paper craft Storm Trooper kit: a fun activity with a cool toy at the end of it.
2. Shadow casting is fun without any props but the Moulin Roty Superhero night time shadow sticks take it to another level.
3. Beautifully illustrated and packed with fascinating facts, activities and games, this new release from graphic design publishers Cicada, You Are Here is an engaging way to get kids interested in geography and the natural world.
4. Roll the dice and make up a story with what you see: Pirate Adventure Dice are a great gift to encourage imaginative play and the perfect stocking filler for creative kids.
5. Bookworms will like this cool Noodoll book mark and paper tape set, great for personalising notebooks and stationery, or wrapping presents.
6. Let them be king (or queen) for the day with this beautiful cotton sewn crown by Danish brand Fabelab.
7. A perfect pocket project, Woody The Sheep is a wood and wool knitting tool that will make light work of the car journey back from Grandma’s house.
8. A cosy den, pretend house or reading corner: every kid needs a play tent. Our pick is this cotton flagpole teepee (which comes in various colours, from graphite and mustard to this dusky rose pink).
9. Make sure that your kids know it’s ok to express themselves with this subtle and funny book, Tough Guys (Have Feelings Too).
10. Keep them occupied for the entire afternoon with a beautiful 200-piece ocean puzzle by Djeco.