If you are buying for a member of the two-foot brigade, look no further than our pick of the best gifts for 2-year-olds…
1. Throw back to your own childhood with the classic Fisher Price record player, the sort of present they play with incessantly and still never breaks.
2. Start them off in style with contemporary illustrations and fun lift-flaps in this great counting book.
3. While they are still young enough to let you decide, kit them out with this adorable Oeuf NYC alpaca rabbit hat.
4. Keep it cool in the bath with these latex Oli & Carol origami boats. Simply fill the bath with bubbles and create an iceberg race track.
5. For cosy nights and comfortable days, we love this Waddler alpaca romper: the perfect Christmas day outfit that they can play and sleep in and still looks smart at the table.
6. This Janod magnet submarine is a great stocking-filler to help little fingers get nimble and quick.
8. If your toddler is fascinated by babies, indulge the instinct with this cool Moulin Roty Pram: the least saccharine one we’ve seen.
9. Christmas is the best excuse to splurge on little luxuries like Petite Albion’s pom pom blankets – cosy, super soft, and British made, they come in a variety of colours.
10. Tegu’s sustainably sourced magnetic building blocks are great for encouraging creative open-ended play, without the frustration of other building toys. A beautiful evergreen gift.
Buying for a 2-year-old? Don’t forget to take a look at our gift ideas for 3-year-olds too.