Kids? Easy. But buying for the man in your life, whether it’s your children’s father or your own, often leaves us clutching at socks. Here’s 10 admirable gifts for dads.
1. If he’s a coffee aficionado (and you appreciate a good flat white) then kill two birds with one stone and make sure you get him this tidy little book on How To Make Coffee and match demand to supply. £8.31
2. There’s not much at Sous Chef that we wouldn’t like on our own list, but if your husband is handy in the kitchen, or a BBQ boss, this savoury Maverick Flavour Selection will come in very handy for him. £25
3. Since old school is the new cool, a classic Gentleman’s Hardware shoe tree is a useful and stylish present for anyone who has graduated from Converse to grown-up shoes. £29.95
4. If your dinner parties are orchestrated to the finest detail – except beers are opened by a lighter, up his game with this Ferm Living brass hexagon bottle opener. £26
5. If he shouts at the TV during Grand Designs, sketches 3D race cars for the kids with a flick of the wrist and needs three warnings to step away from the Meccano, encourage him to get creative with his own Arckit. This one is a great starter pack for wannabe architects and mod-home-dreamers. £89
6. A cool stocking filler for the cycling enthusiast, the Ted Baker cyclist’s repair kit not only says, ‘I’m cool with your three-hour ride outs every Sunday morning’, but also ‘You can no longer confuse the word pub and puncture’. Clever, huh? £20
7. If you really want to splurge on something that isn’t electronic, why not indulge in these beautiful Cutler and Gross tortoiseshell sunglasses. Not only will they give him a little movie star edge, but they are sufficiently gender-neutral that you can also steal them occasionally. £310
8. Whether he insists on taking lunch to work, or you have to force the issue, this smart Hook Line & Sinker lunch bag should help. £20
9. Lovely bath stuff isn’t just the domain of women but a lot of the packaging is geared only toward to them. These suitably masculine-looking Elemental Herbology bath and shower oils are just the ticket. £35
10. Every dapper man needs some suede shoes, and at Mr Fox HQ we’re buying these Derby loafers from the John Lewis contemporary renewed range. £199
Still not got everything for the kids yet? See our complete Christmas Gift Guide collection.