Many children have a fascination with woodlands and the creatures that inhabit them. Here’s how to bring the outside in with our ideas for woodland bedrooms and playrooms.
While the Brothers Grimm may conjure images of gnarly twisted branches, the forest floor can be a playful place full of the familiar faces of British beasts. Pick autumnal colours, from russet leaves to silver birch bark, for a warm yet neutral playroom or bedroom scheme, and make sure there’s a faux fur blanket for snuggling under during long winter afternoons.
Here are some of our favourite picks to capture the look at home:
- We love this unfussy, monochrome deer bed linen.
- Customise a chest of drawers, desk or door with painted ceramic animal knobs.
- There’s so much to find in Sarah Watson’s Wild peel-and-stick wallpaper for Chasing Paper. It’s also really easy to apply.
- Add Capventure mini silver twig hooks to the back of the door or line them up at child height.
- Throw down a Muskhane Potala felt carpet in hazelnut and pollen, cosy and gorgeous.
- A Benny bear side table will add character.
- Warm, beastly and bang on trend. Faux fur throw.
- A lovely organic shape and when switched on, the big little pear by Zenza throws dappled light onto plain walls like sunlight through a canopy of leaves.