Want a quick kids room update? Add instant character with an unusual children’s wall print.
Decorating a kids room is about achieving the balance between form and function, keeping clutter at bay and getting bucket loads of character into a space that still manages to feel ordered. Not easy.
One sure way to inject some playful energy into a space is to add prints or wall stickers to a simple scheme. With that in mind, we’ve chosen 6 of our favourite posters and prints, all of which are cool and inexpensive and none of which are likely to grace the playrooms or bedrooms of their friends.
- We love this monochrome poster from Pax & Hart print painted by artist Emma Labattaglia. All of the designs in their range put fun, soul and spirit in full focus. Scandinavian Minimall, £29
- There’s such innocence in this Mr Moon, Für Neil poster by Martin Krusche for OMM Design, dedicated to Neil Armstrong. There’s also a wooden placard version of the face if your kids are aspiring astronauts. The Kid Who, £18.50
- This Walnut en Walrus print reminds us of Kay Bojesen’s iconic wooden monkey. It’s very playful and fun and will work brilliantly in a simple scheme with bare wood floors or furniture. Psikhouvanjou, €29.95
- For something more than a standard poster, add a splash of colour with this Lemon limited edition signed print By Pleased To Meet. The Kid Who, £60
- Simple but colourful, we love The World Poster illustrated by Anna Kövecses for Human Empire. There’s plenty in it to get their imaginations fired up. €17
- If money is no object, or you prefer to buy art than prints, consider investing in Alligator by Sussex based designer Kate Boxer. It’s one of a selection of simple animal prints that we are coveting for ourselves, let alone the kids. (POA)