There’s no shortage of beautiful high end pieces for girls this summer, from big names Burberry and Chloe to small uk independents like i love gorgeous.
While we usually advocate buying kids’ clothes on the high street (on account of the relationship between kids and food/mud/wear/tear), there’s no denying that the odd splurge is also fully justified. Whether it’s a holiday, party or wedding, it’s good to have some go-to special pieces.
We’ve edited our favourite high end brands for 9 summer pieces for girls – from a playsuit and shorts, to dresses and swimwear – for those times when she doesn’t want to be dressed in the same get-up as every other kid at the party. There’s always that special family holiday or event that you know will be paparazzi’d by the grandparents and end up gracing mantlepieces across the land.
And that’s all the excuse you need isn’t it? So, go forth and shop – and, if your daughter will ‘do’ dresses don’t forgo at least one ethereal number from i love gorgeous (9).
- This playful Soft Gallery Paintsplash playsuit is pretty and practical for girls who will spend half the party cartwheeling, £42
- Yes, you can get coloured demin shorts all over the high street, but the detailing and cut of these Stella McCartney Kids denim shorts is worth the extra, £51
- The a-line cut of this Burberry chambray pleat shirt dress makes it really comfortable and gives it an air of childhood innocence, £98
- The floral print of these breezy La Coqueta Posadas trousers makes them ideal for beach holidays: over swimwear at lunch or teamed with a t-shirt and denim jacket at supper, £42
- If we were young again (*wishing) and going to a summer family wedding, we would want to wear this Chloe silk bow dress, £150
- This Caramel Baby & Child Anguilla swimsuit is simple, classic and beautifully cut, £65
- A perfect smart yet casual top to team with trousers or leggings, this is a summer staple. La Coqueta Vela girl shirt, £33
- These classic Spanish Avarca sandals from La Coqueta come in a range of lovely colours, our favourite is the sky blue, £32
- Mr Fox’s favourite independent label for unusual and extremely beautiful dresses, every little girl needs an i love gorgeous Thalia dress, £69