That’s the Indian summer done then. And with winter fast approaching, we have chosen 6 of the best pairs of pyjamas for keeping kids cosy and warm.
It’s that time of year again, isn’t it? What’s the bet that your heating is back on, the blankets have come out of storage and recently, stepping out of a warm bed onto a cold floor has started to feel like quite a struggle. Sensible creatures are planning for their hibernation but we have to make do with a pair of cosy pjs to take the edge off the chill.
Here are 6 of our favourite pyjamas to mooch around the house before bedtime in.
1. One way to guarantee that restless sleepers don’t end up with cold bits in the night is to dress them in a Boden Cosy Sleep all-in-one. We like that the slim leg stays put instead of riding up to the knee and even restless sleeper can’t get tangled. From £22
2. These classic Petit Bateau Gingham poplin pjs are a gorgeous nod to tradition – the perfect pjs to pack in their overnight bag for a weekend at Granny’s house, £42
3. We love the colours and the incredibly soft jersey cotton of this Marie-Chantal Stripe pyjama set, which is also a great price in the sale. £26 (WAS £65)
4. The Bright Company pyjamas are a must-have for any sartorial kid. Not only do they wash brilliantly, but they keep their shape and double as cool downtime garb. We like the new range of Polka Moons Slim Jyms by brilliant children’s book illustrator Sarah Dyer, £28
5. While many parents avoid white clothes on young kids – for obvious reasons – there’s no precipitation of food or mud if you are brave enough to go white in the night. We love the new Petit Bateau Moscow pjs for when they are clean and serene post-bath and about to be tucked between crisp, white sheets. £38
6. A great unisex style for twinning siblings or handing down from boy to girl and vice versa, the Balloon Alfie t-shirt and Billie leggings have a minute balloon print and as such, make a great birthday present. £23 each (£46 for the set)