As winter kicks in, we pick the season’s best jumpers to keep kids warm and toasty – and outside for a while longer.
There’s no denying the definite chill in the air, but don’t call them in from the garden just yet. Instead, ensure the kids are wrapped up to keep the chill off. After all, the threat of being cooped up indoors all winter is terrifying, but all you need to avoid it is a good waterproof coat and a warm knit.
We’ve picked six of the best winter jumpers.
- Girls and boys can both pull off this subtle winter knit. We like the snowflake pattern on this La Coqueta Copito jumper. £44
2. A bright and bold take on a traditional winter look, this GAP fire coral Fairisle sweater is great for parties or simply banging around the garden. £22.95
3. Team it with leggings, throw it over jeans or wear it with thick tights: this Boden cosy knitted cable jumper dress is versatile, colourful and on trend. From £35 (but get 25% off knitwear until 19/11)
4. Our pick of the season for boys has got to be the Boden Festive Fair Isle jumper. From £35 (but get 25% off knitwear until 19/11)
5. Looking every bit like a designer offering, this GAP Nepped fairisle raglan sweater is a snip and looks great teamed with a parka jacket and jeans. The perfect Sunday walk outfit. £27.95
6. A touch festive but wearable throughout the season in the way that reindeer antlers and snowmen really aren’t, the new Little White Company check jumper is a season staple. £32