Having recently discovered Angulus, we quickly realised that decent leather shoes for boys are few and far between. We’ve scoured the world to bring you our top picks.
99% of the time our boys are climbing, running, kicking and shuffling along the floor pushing a vehicle – scuffing their shoes or throwing them off in the process. It’s par for the course, but when we do then want to visit relatives or wander around a gallery pretending to be a civilized family, there’s nothing for it but to don something ‘kept for best’ or at least, worn only in public, while the battered old trainers and canvas slip-ons do the daily.
Our advice? Invest in a pair or two of these smart leather shoes – and keep them tucked away. Or at the very least, keep them well out of the sandpit.
- Where do you stand on sandals for boys? We’ve not really thought it through before, but when we discovered these closed-toe sandals from cool Danish brand Angulus – sturdy, comfortable and seriously cool – we were converted. Built to last the distance, £80
- We love a British brand at Mr Fox, and none better than Young Soles. If your son wants to make a nostalgic statement, get him in some beautiful Charlie Monks, £70
- These Marks & Spencer suede riptape moccasins are the best value and smarten up any outfit, £24
- From Iconic Birkenstok, these Roma sandals have a wide heel strap, making them super practical for busy boys who don’t want to slow down, £42
- For street-smart kids, these Kavat shoes from Polarn O. Pyret are the perfect mix between stylish and practical, durable and smart. We want them in blue and red, but if it’s only one pair, the red wins out. £70
- Superb for little feet and stylish to boot, we love Bobux. The I Walk Toddler Sports are a good all-rounder, sturdy enough to play in and smart enough to wear out, £45