From espadrilles to t-bars and canvas trainers: we love these classic and contemporary girls summer shoes.
If you have been squeezing your daughter’s feet into winter boots until now, you’re not alone. But although the spring sunshine is behaving as erratically as a three year old in a dentist’s waiting room, it’s about time you stocked up on some cool and comfortable girls summer shoes, just in case.
- Even cool kids should bow to tradition when it comes to these Startrite Tea Party buckle shoes: think Alice in Wonderland. Perhaps not the most practical shoes for adventuring, but we love them nevertheless. £46
- Something stylish this way comes. We stole the style of a 6 year old niece with these H&M strappy sandals – quite simply the most shoe envy we’ve had in a long time (though we’re told by an Instagram follower that there’s a similar style for women at J Crew…). £9.99
- We know what you’re thinking – white trainers? But honestly, these machine washable canvas Superga 2750 Jcot Kids Classic tennis shoes rom My Fashion Tribu are so classic that a bit of scuffing is all part of the appeal. How can you not? £34
- Among our favourite British brands at MR Fox HQ, these gold leather Olive Derby shoes by Young Soles are sturdy but cool and personally, we think they’re also pretty unisex. For kids with savoir faire. £70
- These Zara leather sandals with fringes are one for the under 3s. Anyone considering a family festival would be mad not to grab a pair of these – we have a feeling they will sell out way before the season really starts. £22.99
- Beach, garden or shops: you can’t beat a cheap and cheerful pair of H&M espadrilles. They may only last a season (largely because they’re worn without socks and, if you’re in England, the chances of being caught in the rain are high whatever the time of year). But at this price, it really doesn’t matter. £5.99