Step into the sun with our pick of the best girls sandals for a stylish summer.
Hitting the beach or walking to the park; lunch out or playing at home… there’s nothing more crucial to woman or child than comfortable shoes. And as the summer creeps up on us, it might be worth investing in some leather sandals now. Let her wear them in (and out) to ward off the blisters – and complaints – when the sun finally makes an appearance.
- You can’t beat M&S for affordable, seasonal style. These leather T-Bar buckle sandals are bright and summery, perfect for the beach or as a pop of colour with jeans. From £30
- These Pom d’api Plage sandals are brilliant for littlies: the wide band makes them comfortable for long days out, while the Velcro strap gives kids some independence. Not ideal on a sandy beach, though. £65
- There’s something really nostalgic about these Minorquines classic leather sandals. The sling back makes them easy to pull on and off (and carry themselves). In navy, they do park to lunch perfectly. £38
- Style-savvy older girls will love these leather rip tape gladiator sandals. And mercifully, so will you, because they’re affordable – even if gladiator is no longer ‘in’ by the time they get handed down. From £24
- The price might make you baulk but say, for example, you have promised her a pair of statement shoes – for a first festival/dream holiday/birthday present perhaps – then you’ll want a pair extremely cool sandals that will go the distance and garner compliments at every turn… right? Yours are the Miller Zinnia sandals. £80
- Great dressed up or down, J Crew cross strap flat sandals also come in metallic pecan, but we quite like the orange/rose mash-up. £55