We’ve spent more time than was truly warranted trawling the high street to decide on our favourite collection for boys and girls this season. Without a doubt we’ll be shopping at Next boys.
As mothers of boys we know the struggle to find great clothes and accessories is real. In many high street shops you will find one or two standout items, but on the whole, most of the attention is spent on the offering for girls.
So we are especially pleased to see that the Next boys autumn collection is packed with autumnal colours brought up to speed by the geo patterns, preppy chinos and pom-poms. There’s no doubt that Next is this season’s high street hero for boys.
6 of the best buys from the Next boys collection:
- Nothing beats an anorak and this mustard tone is perfect for warming up the blanket autumn grey. We like the deep pockets, classic plaid lining and dark buttons which channel Burberry, but come without the price tag. From £22
- You just can’t seem to get away from the pom-poms this season, and while it might feel a bit early for a woolly hat, remember last year, when all the decent knits sold out before it got cold? This geo pom-pom hat is cool and classy. From £6
- Having already tested the classic 5 pocket trousers on our kids, we can vouch for them wholeheartedly. The fabric washes brilliantly, no need for ironing if you give them a stretch straight from the wash and the colour is subdued and teams beautifully with the anorak (above), or a crisp white shirt for Sunday lunch. From £9
- We love this bike crew neck top, the detailing makes it look like a designer find, the cotton is comfortable and the colour has a faded vintage feel. From £13
- Boys who aren’t afraid of colour will love to wear this geo print shirt with jeans or chinos. Roll up the sleeves over a plain t-shirt (Next do packs of 4 in similar colours) or button up under a v-ncek sweater. From £9
- Next always have great boots, but these conker leather desert boots are a particularly good find. Solid, study soles and great quality, thick leather in a gorgeous rich russet red – these are heavy duty enough for the busiest boys. From £24