With the soggy summer now stretching into autumn, we choose the best kids wellies for those who love to splash in muddy puddles.
It doesn’t really matter if you live in Zone 1 or the Yorkshire Moors, wherever there’s a pool of water, kids will gravitate towards it. Sunday lunch at the pub, visiting the grandparents or traipsing over fields, it’s amazing how often you reach for wellies in the autumn.
And anyone who has skimped on upgrading their kids wellies when autumn arrives will know that country walks, school trips, nipping to the shops in the rain or playing in the garden in ill-fitting wellies with leaking seams means wet socks, blisters and misery for all.
So make sure they get out there in style and keep their socks dry and toes warm for as long as possible in our pick of the seasons best rain boots and wellies.
1. These Aigle Woodypop fur wellington boots look every bit as stylish as Le Chameau and are warm and toasty to boot. The adjustable buckle helps keep them on, skinny legs and all. £37
2. Great for town and country or aspiring yachties, grab these Helly Hansen Midsund wellies in the sale. £17.99 (were £29.99)
3. Startrite Mudbusters are comfy and fleece lined with a gathered top to stop the rain dripping in, a good quality and durable heavy boot for dog-walking and outdoorsy families. £27
4. These Hatley classic children’s wellies are easy to get on and off thanks to the big handles and we love the yellow and the overall retro cool. Plus they are a great price for the quality. £20
5. Polarn o Pyret stripy kids’ wellies are a firm favourite with kids and add a fun pop of colour to their outfit, we team these with a canary yellow raincoat for a classic Scandinavian look. £22
6. While they may not be good for wading in streams, these Hunter Chelsea gum boots are perfect for running across damp grass or heading out to Sunday lunch as they can pass as smarts. The chances are the kids will peel off to the pub garden and come back in soaked, so think ahead, it’s worth the investment not to start the week with coughs and colds. £45