By the pool, in the sea or building sandcastles, we choose the best boys swimwear under the summer sun.
Gone are the days when boys could only get away with Speedos or board shorts on the beach. With colour and print (and often both) at the top the agenda this summer, let them hit the beach in style.
- Challenge any little boy not to get excited when they put on the 3D glasses that come with this Splash sealife print UV 50+ swim t-shirt, and the fish and coral come to life. £60
- Bursting with energy, these Beanie & Bear Finley bum shorts are light, comfy and ideal for beach to pool to bar. Neon contrast detailing adds edge. £56
- Pack a long sleeve UV 50 rash vest like this African Mask print from Sand Dollar Swim, and you can stay out all day without worrying out fair skin burning, £37
- We love Polarn o Pyret for their simple, functional style and good value for money. Orange swim shorts, £24.90
- Little boys can pull off short shorts, but the older they get, the longer the hem. Boys of 8+ will be totally at ease in these Boden surf shorts, from £18
- If you want a pair of swimmers that double up as smarts for lunch with friends, yours are Sunuva neon stripe swim shorts, £38
- We’re not sure if it’s the tropical bird print or the rainbow band, but we love these Sundek swimming shorts (even if we didn’t plan to spend quite this much), €60,83
- Trust good old Boden to bring out a quick drying rash vest in some great pop colours for a fraction of the anticipated price. Thanks, Boden, once again. £12
- For the seriously sartorial, opt for nothing less than Beanie & Bear Milo bum shorts with lightening bolt print – they will turn heads and win hearts, £52