We round-up the best outdoor toys and games to get kids into the garden.
While it’s too chilly (at the moment) to run under the sprinkler, kids can still get their dose of Vitamin D by playing outside while the sun shines.
- A den that won’t ruin the view from your kitchen window, this hazel twigwam is sturdy, blends in well and can be left outside rain or shine, £175
- If you want some help around the garden, invest in a Tolo wheelbarrow and set them to work, £42.50
- All you need is a tree or a swing set and this simple bit of kit will entertain kids for hours on end. Wooden trapeze bar and rings, £12.99
- Budding construction workers and engineers will love the simplicity of this sandpit digger, and it looks pretty cool, £39.90
- If you have to give over an entire toy shed to house a ride-on, make sure it’s a Kettler Daytona go-kart, £169
- Anyone with space (and a spare few hundred pounds to drop) should consider a trampoline: brilliant exercise and guaranteed to entertain until tea time. The king of cool is this new in-ground trampoline from Capital Play, no more headlong falls or ugly bars and nets dominating the garden: just dig deep and think of the saving on days out. £755
- Fun to line up and tip over but also quite handy for practicing counting with younger children: Plum products garden dominoes set, £24.99
- Nostalgic and great fun, grab a retro play hoop each and see who can keep it up for the longest. These are easy on the eye and great value, £5
- Although it requires Nasa level assembly and you have to buy extra bits (which is madness), this sturdy horse tyre swing is well worth the effort and price, £85