Role play is great for fostering the imagination, just accept that your sofa is a pirate ship, and the freshly folded laundry is destined to become a crumpled den. Some mums can create a suit of armour out of an old scarf, some tights and a wooden spoon, but for the rest of us, here’s a pick of the best dressing up outfits and accessories, minus the scratchy taffeta and Disney characters.
- Stella McCartney Lee jacket, £125
- Soft toy gun by Numero 74, £2.80
- Native American Indian costume, €99
- Viking helmet, £17; shield, £9.90
- Hand painted animal masks from MOOD, £12
- Numero 74 pirate costume, €88
- Batman wings and mask, £38
- Little Titans Wild Thing tights, £15.99
- Fabric crown by Suussies, £11.50
For more brilliant costume ideas check out the Mr Fox Dressing Up board on Pinterest.